As a category 2 member of the LME, we provide the following trading services:
- Base and ferrous metal futures trading
- Calendar spreads
- Base metals options
- OTC average price contracts
- Assistance with LME brand registration
- Access to LMEselect, the LME’s member-to-member electronic trading system, and inter-office market Settlement price (Second Ring) and Market on Close (MOC) orders.
Read about our LME Clearing, LME OTC contracts and global exchange trading services.
Nanhua Financial UK is one of 46 clearing members of the LME.
As a clearing member we can:
- Accept and follow client instructions to clear their positions, whether with other brokers or directly with the LME
- Allow clients to transfer their positions with other brokers to Nanhua Financial UK without the need to liquidate or settle
- Transfer positions in order to fulfil margin requirements.
Clients can trade LME OTC Monthly Average Futures (MAFs) contracts with Nanhua Financial UK.
LME OTC contracts are not governed by LME rules but may, for example, be in respect of LME Warrants or use LME reference prices. LME members and third parties may enter into such contracts.
LME MAFs are futures contracts settled for a difference between the floating Monthly Average Settlement Price (MASP) and an agreed-now fixed price. The MASP is the average of any given month’s daily LME official settlement prices.
‘Fixed-for-floating’ MAFs are typically used to provide protection against adverse price movements by locking in a fixed price. ‘Float trade’ MAFs can be traded in conjunction with LME futures to give the economic benefit of buying an LME future at the average price of the specified month.
MAFs can be traded on the LME and, as financial contracts, carry no physical delivery risks.
Trade globally with Nanhua Financial UK
As part of the Nanhua Futures group, Nanhua Financial UK is able to use the support and services of its parent and sister companies in the PRC, Hong Kong, Singapore and the US to trade cross-exchange, cross-border products, with access to the following markets:
- Asia Pacific Exchange (APEX): trading member/clearing member
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME)Group: clearing member (including CME, CBOT, NYMEX and COMEX)
- China Financial Futures Exchange (CFFEX): trading/clearing member
- Dalian Commodity Exchange (DCE): trading/clearing member
- Dubai Mercantile Exchange (DME): clearing member
- Hong Kong Clearing Corporation (HKCC): clearing participant
- Hong Kong Futures Exchange (HKFE): participant/Futures Commission Merchant
- Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) US: clearing member
- London Metal Exchange (LME): trading/clearing member
- Shanghai Futures Exchange (SHFE): general clearing member
- Shanghai International Energy Exchange (INE): trading/clearing member
- Singapore Exchange (SGX): derivatives market trading member/clearing member
- Zengzhou Commodity Exchange (ZCE): trading/clearing member